Monday 22 June 2009

The Big Pit

Well good morning to you all. I thought i'd tell you about my weekend. I went on a day out with work to Blaenavon. The purpose of the day was to visit "The Big Pit" and the old Iron/Steel Works, both of which are now Heritage Sites. What a brilliant day we had. The Big Pit was amazing you could go underground into one of the old mines (I didn't) and see what type of conditions our miners used to work under. There were other part of the mines you could go to and watch how the machinery they used worked and that was totoally brilliant. I did take "loads" of photos then realised i didn't have an SD card in my camera! Doh! I did buy a dispoable one but i had lost all the other i had "taken". Oh well never mind i live and learn. But anyone looking for an interesting day out should visit an old mine such as The Big Pit if they can. Soniaxxx

1 comment:

Spyder said...

I love visiting places! This sounds very interesting! (although a 'big pit' makes it sound a bit dark and scary!) How is your grand daughter? Have they named her yet? Mason is now called Mason Rain
I'm not sure about the 'rain', only that it rains a lot where they live! (Near Seeatle) can't wait til next Spring when we will visit again!
((Lyn))